May 6, 2009

Parpercraft - The Undiscovered Reserve


This week I took my first try at papercraft. (And no, the figures in that picture were not made by me.)




A papercraft by definition is a model made mainly using heavy sheets of paper. You print out the pieces, cut them apart, and glue them together. Easy enough? Apparently not.

Take a look at my papercraft model compared to the picture the download came with. (Mine is on the left.)

Actually, I'm kind of upset with my creation; mine looks nothing like it should. This may or may not have something to do with the leftover pieces I had.

I couldn't find many websites that had free anime papercrafts, but I did find a few. I'm sure if you look around you could find more. The best site I found is called Cafetera; it has a bunch of different figures to download for free. It's in Japanese, but it's straightforward.

> Cafetera

If you find yourself complaining about the prices of anime figures, a papercraft figure can be a cheap(free) alternative. I feel as though I should practice more, but my last failed attempt has left me with no motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment